Here are the answers to the preposition quiz. How did you get on?
- John has returned to his home town.
- The dog jumped in/into the lake.
- The girls are still swimming in the pool.
- Jack fell on/onto the floor.
- The plane landed on the runway.
- We drove toward the town but turned off before we got there.
- I moved the table into the dining room.
- John drove me to the airport.
- Anne jumped on/onto the stage and danced.
- I caught the bus that was heading toward the university.
To return to Grammar, Love it or Loathe it?, click here.