As a professional proofreader, I am passionate about the written word and get really annoyed when I see simple errors in published works. I firmly believe that error-free writing will increase your chances of securing new business as your reader is focussed on your message and not looking for mistakes.
I have an eye for detail which is a key quality of a proofreader.
I am the author of Confident Business Writing in which I discuss the issues facing small business owners on a daily basis and the effect they have on our business writing. I have devised a simple 7 step plan to help overcome any challenges when faced with a writing task.
I have published a number of other travel/history-related books. Have a look at my Published Books page.
I have many years experience working with public, private and voluntary sector organisations.
I have been freelance for 15 years and understand the highs and lows of running my own business, so I know where you are coming from.
If you don’t believe me – have a look at my LinkedIn profile. Click on the button below:
I can add value to your products and services by helping you to ensure that all your written material/content is FREE from errors.
When I am working with you, I am focussed on your business needs, helping you to get it right first time.
Easy to work with, flexible, reliable and approachable – describe me down to a T.
Here are a few more thoughts……………………..
- Why waste your billable hours reading and re-reading your own work when I can do that for you?
- Why squirm with embarrassment in front of a huge audience as you notice the huge typo on your Powerpoint presentation? Even worse when someone points it out!
- Why waste the only opportunity you might have to create that GREAT first impression and secure that all important contract?
- Why spend money on paper and ink only to throw it in the bin when you spot another mistake?
- Why waste money having a professional re-print when a typo is noticed way too late. (Unfortunately I didn’t work with the author of a cookery book who had to re-print 10,000 books due to “freshly ground black pepper” being printed as “freshly ground black people”. Ouch!!)
Don’t forget – not all printers and designers are trained proofreaders.
Contact me and let’s talk about how I can help you to create that all important good first impression.